Strategic Product Lead, Schaftenau, Austria
1! As a Strategic Product Lead you will be responsible for the entire life-cycle of a product, driving product strategic decisions with senior management and NTO Operations to ensure cost-effective, reliable supply. You will have end-to-end accountability for all product related aspects, propose the right enterprise trade-offs and act as single point of contact for the product.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Define and execute the Product Supply Strategy, Life-Cycle Management Strategy, Supply Risk management and Product Roadmap to ensure robust, high quality and on-time supply together with SCM, QA, NTO, Commercial Operations, Marketing and Development.
• Oversee Supply Chain & Planning KPIs across product life cycle. This includes responsibility for developing and controlling the Product.
- Long term demand and capacity planning (LTDCP),
- Cost leadership / TPC Roadmap, with focus on efficiency gains, supply network optimization,
- E2E Pipeline Lead Time / TPT reduction,
- Inventory long-term plan and write off minimization,
- Business Continuity strategy.
• Act as Product strategy representative within NTO, end-to-end Interface and team member towards business franchises (Commercial, GPT/ GBT Global Program Team/ Global Brand Team), Global Drug Development and Global Drug Regulatory Affairs.
• Lead cross-functional product team in a matrix organization across NTO, development and Franchise.
• Implement and lead the Cost Leadership program with the focus of efficiency gain, supply network optimization and business continuity.
• Lead the Supply Chain evaluation for supply point decision, with focus on complexity reduction.
• Liaise with Product manufacturing Sites, ensuring optimal site allocation, drug substance manufacture, DP filling, packaging, device assembly, launch and commercialization.
• Define integrated strategic and operational product specific manufacturing plans with the objective to optimize value, time and resources and ensure strong execution of plans; lead scenario evaluation for different supply options.
• Ensure manufacturing life cycle management of products such as launches, site changes, process improvements, capacity expansions, new presentations, issue resolution and technology transfers.
• Lead New Product Launch Project Team (incl. Product Design Concept workshop PDC 4) and ensures successful launch readiness.
• Lead end-to-end Product Allocation for Product programs according to the guiding principles for Product allocation.
• Drive product Allocation process for Product programs to assure Product Supply Strategy and Product Roadmap for Novartis.
• Co-ordinate escalations and resolution for major deviations, crisis management and acts as interface for the Product in the Divisional S&OP for the relevant products.
Novartis Technical Operations
What you’ll bring to the role:
• MBA, Business and Operations Management (or equivalent experience).
• English – fluent written and spoken, additional languages are a plus
• Minimum 5 -10 years in various supply chain functions
• Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical or food industry processes and lean philosophy, preferably >2 years Novartis experience, intercultural experience and ability to act in a complex and rapidly changing business environment
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least €67,292.12 per year on a full time basis).
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Contact: Andrew Pride, TAS Country Lead Austria