Rotman Design Challenge
March 14, 2020
The Rotman Design Challenge (RDC) is a live event at the Rotman School of Management that brings together top talent from leading MBA and design schools across the globe to propose solutions to a complex business challenge posed by an innovative and forward-thinking sponsor.
This is not just another case competition, the RDC is a unique event that allows students to put design theories into practice in a collaborative environment where they are supported by academics, professionals, and consultants from the fields of business and design.
Using creative problem solving techniques and frameworks from both the business and design disciplines, over 125 students will have the opportunity to share their experiences and to compete for top prizes.
At Rotman, we know that the mindsets and practices behind great design can be applied to solve business problems. Business design blends design methodologies and business acumen to identify broader opportunities, create new ideas and accelerate market success.
Hosted by the Business Design Club, the student-led club for design thinking at the Rotman School of Management, the Rotman Design Challenge (RDC) is the largest student-run international design case competition. RDC will change the way you approach problem solving. Build empathy, prototype, and solicit feedback to develop an impactful business strategy.
RDC provides you the opportunity to compete against top tier business & design schools. The challenge is open to masters-level students of any field. We hope you’ll join us!
1. Create a video (3 minutes max.)answering the following:
a. Tell us about your team.
b. Share a unique or fun fact about your team.
c. What company would greatly benefit with the application of business
design. Why and in what ways?
Note: Extra points for creativity!
2. Upload the video on YouTube. Ensure that it is viewable by anyone.
3. Fill-up the registration form.
4. Please submit your team members’ resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in the resume book for potential employers.
5. Please pay the registration fee of C$400 per team here: http://paypal.me/rdc2018/400. Add your name and team name on the “Add a note” section. Please pay in the whole amount of $400 (NOT divided among members). We will offer refund to those who won’t get accepted into the competition.
Each team must be comprised of 4 to 6 masters-level students. We encourage MBA students to work with students from other graduate programs.
Note: Teams from the Rotman School of Management are required to include at least ONE (1) Business Design Club member.
We are looking for creativity, clarity and enthusiasm!