What is involved?
- Analyze a case published by IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants)
- Develop cutting-edge solutions to a complex set of problems using the skills you have learned at university
- Present your creative solutions to leading industry experts
- Be recognized for your achievements and efforts
Who should apply?
Who should apply?
The IMA Student Case Competition for 2020, is open to all students across universities, who are studying full time in any discipline/major.
University students interested in presenting a compelling management accounting case (Read 2020 IMA Student Case Competition Rules and Regulations)
Please read all rules carefully.
We have changed the submission procedures to hopefully streamline the process for participating schools and judges.
- Each campus of any college/university is eligible to select a team(s) of three to five members.
- No more than 50% of team members may be Master’s Degree candidates and no Doctoral degree candidates may be selected.
- Although faculty members are encouraged to promote this Competition on their campus, no faculty or other professional assistance is allowed in solving or presenting the Case. Each entry must include:
- A typed completed Submission Form – handwritten forms will not be accepted
- Signed Ethics Statement of Compliance form
- PowerPoint presentation that contains your case analysis
- Presentation slides should not be exceeding 40 slides
- All presentations along with entry forms must be submitted on or before 10 January, 2020 to email@example.com
- Late submission will not be accepted
- Finalists will be selected and notified no later than 10 February 2020. The five finalist teams will be notified of the exact time and location of the final competition. Each of the five selected teams will personally present their case analysis solution and be required to respond to any additional questions on which they will be judged.